If you are quite fat or a big guy then you may think there is no best IWB holster available for you. Some people even say you to forget about it, these are not comfortable for a big guy, etc. We believe, some of you already tried an IWB holster and found it uncomfortable to wear. If these are your problem, then let us tell you, my friend, you’re not alone. We are going to point out a couple of best IWB holster for big guys like you.
If you have a large waist or big-boned, it doesn’t mean no options are left for you. We know when it comes to a holster, size and shape matters but doesn’t say there are no options for you. For a reason, today we are going to share all our knowledge about IWB holster and two best IWB holster reviews which are perfect for you.
So, let’s jump into it. Shall we?
Best IWB Holster For Big Guys
So, here is something you’re looking for a long time. Yes, now it’s time for the product recommendations.
Before reading the product reviews, please keep one thing in your mind that all the reviews are unbiased and we used all these products. We are using these two holsters for a long time. For a reason, it won’t be a bogus fair review. We hope you’ll appreciate our efforts and hard work.
Almost everyone who carries a gun wants a comfortable and soft (even softer) holster. When someone talks about a very comfortable and stylish holster the first product comes in our mind is Concealment Express’s IWB KYDEX holster. Why? Let’s find out!
- Now we’re talking about a comfortable and minimalistic product which is specially made for Taurus 111/140 Millennium G2 & G2C.
- It is so many settings so that you can set it according to your needs. When it comes to maintaining the pressure and carrying angle, it has both features. Yes, it has adjustable retention pressure which is very easy to set.
- It also has an adjustable carry angle. You can easily adjust 0-15 degrees without using any fancy tool. All you need is a screwdriver (the manufacturer recommends Philips screwdriver) for changing. So, you can adjust it for a perfect gripping.
- It’s made with 0.8” KYDEX for a perfectly shaped fit, and that’s why it’s very light in weight but sturdy when it comes to the performance.
- It also has a retention lock system which is known as ‘Posi-Click’. The IWB holster also has attached sweat guard, so the holster isn’t going to sweat and make your gun slippery.
- Adjustable setting for great fitting
- It’s comfortable to use it in any carry position
- Easy to adjust. (No fancy tool required)
- Durable enough!
- Light Weight
- Minimalistic design
- Some guns don’t fit perfectly in it. However, G2 and G2C fit perfectly in it.
Our experience with KYDEX holster was excellent. It was perfect for our Taurus G2 and the holster used to cover the entire gun. Comparing to the other holster, it is very light in weight, slim and that’s why it’s very comfortable to use. After hearing light these, don’t think, it’s not durable. It’s very durable, and almost no user has complained against its durability. It is also available with the adjustable setting feature so that we can set it according to our need and adjusting it wasn’t a tough task to do.
The Concealment Express is a well-known and trustworthy brand in the USA. The IWB KYDEX holster from CC is the proof of it. They just made an excellent product which is very budget-friendly. It’s hand-made in the USA not imported from any other country so we can easily trust them. The manufacture of the KYDEX holster is too confident about the product that’s why they’re offering an unconditional lifetime warranty. No matter how large your waist is, you can use it comfortably.
Do you love leather and leathery look? Are you looking for old-school but on the other side elegant and classic design leather made holster? Then this recommendation is an ideal recommendation for you.
- If you have a Glock G19, 23, 32 or 38 and you’re looking for a gun holster which is made with high-end leather then our next suggestion is Outbags heavy leather IWB holster. It’s a very premium looking holster. As we all know, leather holsters are almost lost from the holster industry. Only a few numbers of people prefer leather holsters. Comparing to the other holsters, a leather one is costly. If you want to get a nice and premium one for you, then you have to spend much more than a regular holster.
- Don’t worry! our recommended product isn’t expensive at all. It’s one of the most budget-friendly we have ever used. It’s made with original high-grade leather, and you can use it inside your pant very comfortably. Yes, the leather of it goes very comfortably with your skin, and it’ll give you all the flexibility you’re looking for! The bulky leather holster also includes a durable metal clip and a large retention setting so you can conceal your weapon.
- The only problem we found with it is, the leathery holster absorbs sweat and water. So, if you don’t dry it and keep your gun in it, then it can be harmful to your gun. The solution is, whenever you come home to keep your gun out of the holster and dry it.
- Now, what can you do for cleaning and maintaining it? As it’s made of leather so you can’t wash it with water. What you have to use is a leather conditioner. Leather conditioners which we use for our leather shoe and belt. You can use it on your holster too.
- Made with high-end leather
- Affordable in price
- Very Elegant design
- Requires maintenance (if you want to keep your holster look like brand new, you’ve to take care of it, my friend!)
- Absorbs sweat and water. (We also give you the solution in detail below.)
We are a fan of leather-made accessories lover. We love to wear the classic leather jacket, and we use a leather wallet. So, buying one holster made with high-quality leather was like an expensive dream for me. Then one day on an e-commerce site we found this one. After purchasing and using it for the year, we can say one thing that it’s something everyone would love to have. The simple design of it always impresses our friends. The only downside we ever found is, it absorbs sweat and water. That’s why every night we come home, we keep our gun in the drawer and dry the holster in the fresh air.
If you love to use leather goodies, then you’ll like it for sure. The manufacturer Outbags is very famous for their quality in the USA. Outbags didn’t disappoint us with the quality of it. If you’re under a tight budget but still looking for leather made holster, then it’s something you may like.
Why You Need An IWB Holster?
You may think, it’s a wired section because you already know why you need this that’s why you’re reading this article. However, it’s a section for those who don’t know much about holsters. Also if you still see a lot of holsters, We will suggest you read it because knowledge has no boundary.
Some people think, finding the best IWB holster for them is just a waste of time. These are those people who are comfortable with their old and traditional shoulder and waistband hostler. You should avoid those people because IWB holster is something that you should have. Why? Let’s find the answer down below!
When it comes to concealment nothing can beat IWB holster. It doesn’t show up like other holsters. IWB holster doesn’t even reveal the shape it. Once the holster looped or clipped with the wristband, the exposure of its stop at the bottom of the belt. So, hiding your gun or concealment is a big factor for you then IWB is the best option for you.
Some IWB holster doesn’t even require a belt because it already has metal clipping system in it. So you can just easily attach it with your pants edge which is very time-saving and easy to go.
Works Great Under Un-tucked Shirts
In summer, you can’t wear a jacket or coat, and that’s why it’s quite hard to hide your gun and holster. However, if you are wearing something untucked in summer days, the IWB holster will hug your body and never show up. So, you don’t have to wear a jacket or cardigan in summer days for hiding your gun.
It keeps your gun stable, and it sticks with your body, so stability isn’t an issue with it. J
These are the reasons why we think you should own an IWB holster. Nowadays, almost everyone who carries a gun is concern about concealment and carriage style. None want to show up with a gun in public. When IWB holster is offering you both, why shouldn’t you get one?
What’s The Problem Big Guys Face With Regular Holster?
We talked with some big guys who are now using an IWB holster. According to them, the size and uncomfortable feeling are the main problems with regular holster.
From one point of view, for larger waist size, it’s very tough to use a regular holster. It’s very uncomfortable, and even the holster doesn’t fit you properly. With a regular holster, a fat guy can not sit and drive properly. For these reasons, many experts and experienced people with gun recommend the big guy to use Inside Waist Band (IWB) holster.
So, the uncomfortable feeling and larger waist size are the main problem with regular holsters for big guys. As the issue has been discussed, we think now we should move to the recommendation section so that you can get the best IWB holster for you.
Things To Consider Before Buying An IWB Holster
As you already know a lot about IWB holsters and the problems a big guy have to face for it. For a reason, we are not going for a big and detailed buying guide because if you read the entire article till now, you’ll get what I’m saying.
Comfortable or not?
– If you’re looking for something best, the comfortableness is the first priority. If you feel uneasy after using several times, then it’s not for you my friend.
Can you use it in all Positions?
– If you can’t use it in several positions like 2’O clock (10’O clock for left hand), 5’O clock (&’O clock for lefties) and 3’O clock then you’re not comfortable with it.
Is it good-looking or not?
– Appearance is something that’ll attract everyone. As you’re using it every day, it has to be something that satisfies you.
Is it made for your gun or not?
– Always try to find something that is made for your gun. If it’s made for your gun, you don’t need to worry about the safety about your gun.
Sturdy or not?
– If it’s not sturdy, then it’s not for your weapon my friend!
These are some points we always try to find before buying. If you consider all these points before buying an IWB holster. If you follow all these facts before buying, you’ll get the best one for sure. These are the facts every guy with a large waist should follow.
When it comes to the accessories for your gun, a holster is very important. As you already know, for big guys there is a tiny number of options are available. Still, we tried our best to recommend you two holsters, which are comfortable, stylish and sturdy enough.
Don’t be hopeless. There are so many beautiful options are available for you and IWB aren’t uncomfortable. For concealing your gun, an IWB holster should be your priority. It’s offering you everything a gun holder wants from a holster.
In the end, don’t forget to tell us your experience with holster and as a big guy how you suffered from the regular holster. Also do let us know, your experience with our recommended product and is it helpful or not?
Last update on 2019-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API