A rifle is a long range weapon that comes with a scope. A scope is generally used to zoom in on a target. Some rifles come with a scope on the purchase while some don’t. So, a scope can be bought separately. A rifle’s scope has a particular range up to which it can zoom and it has the diameter of its lens. These two things basically make up the core of any scope. Well, you might be wondering which one is the best 3x9x50 scope for the money. Before going further, it should be noted that 3x9x50 scope and 3-9x50mm indicates the same term. So, without any delay, let’s dive into our review of the best 3-9x50mm scope for rifles.
What Does 3-9×50 Even Mean?
Rifle scopes have certain specifications. The specification is denoted by a number, a range and an ‘x’ that denotes the zoom. The numbers in 3-9×50 denote a particular specification.
- The 3 means the power of the scope i.e, the image you see through the scope will seem 3 times closer than the naked eye. The 9 refers to power too. The 3-9x means that the scope’s range. This scope is variable, meaning it has 3x magnification from 3 to 9.
- The 50 is the objective lens diameter in millimeters.
The scope specification can be described as “three to 9 by fifty.”
- Magnification 3-9x; objective lens diameter 50mm; angle of view 7.8-2.9 degrees; field-of-view (at 1000 yds) 3x: 36\' (136 m at 1000 m), 9x: 14 foot (50 m at 1000 m)
- Impact point correction per click 1/4 m.o.a. adjustments; relative brightness 3x: 277.8, 9x: 30.9; twilight factor 3x: 12.2, 9x: 21.2
- The riflescope can be easily mounted onto your hunting rifle; it\'s great for beginners and experts alike
- Exit pupil diameter 3x: 16.7mm; 9x: 5.6mm; eye relief 76mm; filter size none; weatherproofing - waterproof and fog proof
- Pkg dimensions: w 3 x h 6 x l 15.5 inches, pkg weight: 2 lbs.
Best 3x9x50 Scope For The Money
Since there are many scopes on the market, we’ve taken the liberty to bring to you the best 3-9×50 scope for the money. We used different products ourselves and out of all those products, there were two of the products which we found standing out from all the competition.
The company Vortex Optics specializes in the manufacturing of optical devices meant for hunting, recreational sports as well as for police forces. These accessories include binoculars, spotting scopes, rifle scopes, and other optics accessories. Vortex Optics is an American company based in Barneveld, Wisconsin. It was founded in 1989 as Sheltered Wings, Inc. which started doing business as Vortex Optics from 2002.
If you’re in need of a high-quality scope for an affordable price then, you should check out vortex optics’ Crossfire II. The scope has a combination of advanced features, it comes in multiple models, warranty and a really great build quality. Despite being affordable, the scope doesn’t cut many corners. It has a multicoated lens which is more water and fog proof. There are multiple reticle options and it also comes with many specifications. The 3-9×50 version of the scope is readily available and the scope is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum so, the build quality is excellent. The design is pretty sweet too. All of these features make the scope better than most of what’s available in the market right now.
- More than a pound of average weight which is relatively not bad but could’ve been better
- Limited Usage, It is great for hunting or target shooting but not so much when you want to shoot fast
The Nikon ProStaff 3-9×50 is a great riflescope overall. Though it may be on a pricier side it does have its own advantages. Also, it has that brand name attached to it which makes it a bit premium. It’s a bummer that it doesn’t come with a warranty but it does come with a great lens, turret and a reticle. Overall, the device is recommended if you are going for brand value.
Importance of 3-9x50mm Scope
Long range sight: The zoom level of the 3-9x scope is very good for long range sighting. You should be good for 200+ yards from a 3-9x scope although this range will vary with the product.
Objective Lens: The objective lens of the scope is an important factor. The objective lens does the work of gathering the light that enters your eyeballs. You can buy a scope with a better light transmission for increasing the amount of light that gets in your eyes. Just like a 40″ Monitor is small as compared to a 50″ monitor, a 50mm objective lens makes a huge difference than a 40mm objective scope. As far as the price is concerned, the 50mm objective lens will cost a bit much than a 40mm objective lens but at the end of the day, the extra price is kind of worth it.
- Magnification: 6-24X, Objective Diameter: 50mm, Tube Diameter: 25.4mm/1 inch.
- Field of view (m): 3.98~16.24, Click Value: 0~1/4 inch @ 100 yards. Eye Rifle (mm):75.94~81.53, Exit Pupil (mm):8.3~2.1.
- Illuminated Level: 5 Intensity (Red) and 5 Intensity (Green). Red or green dot crosshair with front focus eyepiece adjustment helps you shooting the target fast and accurately. Battery: CR2032 x 1 (Included).
- Eavy duty scope ring mounts for 20mm weaver rail only.
- Hard anodizing multi-coated lenses ensure a good hand feeling and avoid scratching. O-ring sealed, nitrogen-purged for waterproof, fogproof performance. Lens cover included.
Uses of 3-9x50mm Scope
The 3-9×50 scope for a rifle is a multipurpose scope that can be used for a lot of activities. Some of the uses are given below:
- Hunting: The 3-9×50 scope for hunting is great. You can shoot down a deer some 300 yards away with ease. The objective lens gives you a clear vision of the target while the scope will zoom even the farthest of the targets.
- Range Shooting: Practice shooting and Shooting in a competitive environment is also pretty feasible with this scope. You can easily shoot down targets with this thing.
- Police and Army: Police Snipers and Armed forces can also use this scope range for their daily activities. For instance, Soldiers during the Vietnam War used 3-8x scopes. So, a 3-9x scope can be used without any problem even if you’re a soldier. It is military approved.
Compatibility of 3-9x50mm Scope
The 3-9×50 scope doesn’t have many issues with compatibility. Most of the rifles support this scope. There might be a few which don’t but they’re not the mainstream ones. Since it’s a military approves scope range, a lot of highly used rifles support the scope.
Last update on 2019-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API