What We Have Got For You!
Almost everyone loves to travel, roam around the world, right? For any passionate traveler, a big problem is their backpack. Every traveler hates to carry too much bag. You may think, for a week’ vacation, you have to carry more than one bag. Well, it’s not wrong but if you’re going for an adventurous tour then carrying more bags is a problem. In that case, knowing how big is a 30 liter backpack or 50 liter backpack can help you understand the total baggage requirements.
For your adventurous tours, today we’re going to discuss the capacity of 30L backpacks which are also perfect for travelling and even for hiking and trekking. Is that true? Yes, it is! Many people are travelling for nine months with only a 30L backpack. Also a 30L big is up to 1800 cubic inches which are considered as a medium backpack in the backpack industry.
Confident enough? So, let’s get started then!
How Big Is a 30 Liter Backpack
When it comes to dimension and measurement, the first thing comes on our mind is Mathematics. We are not that good at it. We guess you’re also not here a scientific lecture. So, it’s not going to be a harsh conversation about measurement and dimensions, but we’ll tell you everything in detail. Before that, we have a guideline for you which will help you to get a perfect backpack.
Now before getting a backpack of 30L or more than that you’ve to consider some points. Which are-
- Torso length: After knowing your torso length, always try to get a backpack which is equal to your torso or lesser than it. Don’t get a backpack which is bigger than your torso size, and it’s very uncomfortable.
- Tour length: Always consider it first. If you’re going for a month, and you have a lot to carry, then you have to get something bigger, but if you’re going for a day only then, you don’t need a big backpack. So, always think about how many days you are going to stay then purchase according to it.
- Items: The last and one of the most crucial point is, how many things you’re carrying with you. If you pack too much for a long trip, then you may need a big backpack, but if you’re not taking too many things, then you have to go for the opposite one.
For buying an ideal and best backpack, you’ve to consider all these points.
So, what about the 30L backpack sizes?
Undoubtedly, there are many 30L backpacks available with different dimensions. Now which sizes backpack you should get? Well, it entirely depends on your age, gender and chest length.
Fun Fact: Why all the backpacks measured with liters? Well, the liter is a common term we use for measuring milk, water, etc. So, the unit “liter” easy to remember. For this reason, the manufactures measure in cubic inches then they converted it into liter.
Mostly, a 30L backpack has a length around 48-53 cm and width of 25-30 cm. According to us, it can carry around 3 to 4 pounds smoothly. These backpacks are quite spacious too because in depth it has about 27-30 cm space. So, you can quickly go on a trip of a few days with it.
As the dimension has been explained. Let’s talk about the size of it.
We don’t think that we have to talk about it. Just check the fun fact. The size of an ideal 30L backpack is up to 1800 cubic inches. So, it isn’t small at all.
We hope, we didn’t bore you with the measurement. If you are still bored, then let’s move to something more interesting.
What Fits In a 30L Backpack?
Forgiving you a proper knowledge regarding this section, we think we should share a story with you. It’s a story of our college friend Eric who travelled to India for six months with only a 30L backpack.
According to him, he was carrying a backpack which is Osprey Pack’s backpack. He found two things helpful about the backpacks which are-
- Its hip strap (which makes it comfortable while hiking too)
- The bag’s opening and closing system. It opens like a suitcase, so you don’t have to feel uncomfortable every time you open it.
Want to know more about this fantastic backpack? Check our in-depth review about it.
Now, let’s see what he carried on it:
- T-shirts: 8 T-shirts which were sporty, quick-drying and odor resistant. Three t-shirts were the full sleeve and made for winter or cold places like Manali and Darjeeling.
- Pants: He took three jeans pants, two chinos, three shorts and one jogger for a six-month tour.
- Shirt: He made four shirts in it.
- Jacket: For cold places, he carried one leather jacket and one heavy hoodie with him.
- Shoes: Two running shoes and one woodland boot for hiking and a pair of the flip-flop.
- Accessories: He also carried two watches (in boxes), two sunglasses (in boxes), six underwear and four pairs of socks.
- Perfume and other toiletries: Two bottles of perfume, soap, trimmer and a 350 ML shampoo.
- One MacBook Pro with charger
- One iPad mini with charger
- One iPhone 7s matt black with charger
- One headphone
- One Nikon D5300
- Two water bottles
- Pen and dairy
- One backpack cover: For protecting the bag from rain and dust.
So, it was his small list of items he carried on a 30L backpack comfortably for six months. As Eric said, the small backpack made his journey too easy.
So we hope now you can assume how much you can carry on it. Also, let us know in the comment box if you have any experience like this.
Is a 30L Backpack Perfect For You?
If you’re asking this question to us, then our answer is, we don’t know. We can only tell you what’s right and wrong, but we can’t force you to buy anything. However, if you are still confused then at first, we’ll tell you to follow all those points we said in the dimension and size section.
After following those, if you think a 30L backpack is perfect for you, then you should get it. Still confused? Okay! Let us explain briefly!
- If the size and measurement are right for your chest, then go for it.
- If your tour plan and item’s checklist suits a 30L backpack, then you should get one.
For any traveler or hiking lover who loves to go out anytime with few items, a 30L backpack is a perfect option. We saw people who are comfortable going hiking with a thirty-liter backpack for a week. On the other side, we also saw people like Eric who is travelling with a 30L backpack for three months.
So, now the ball is in your court! Do whatever you love to do with it.
A 30L backpack isn’t a small one. You can survive a week with it if you know how to do it! We also tried our best to share all our knowledge and experiences with you.
In the end, we hope you’ll follow our, and you’ll also get the best backpack for you. Also, don’t forget to let us know your experiences and how our article helped you to get an ideal backpack.